Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev.
We are continuing with the transcription of the beautiful lecture that HH Mahavishnu Goswami Maharaj gave in Boston, Australia on 23rd May 1997. In the previous offerings we saw:
1. Glorify the all-glorious to become glorious.
2. Without Krishna we are living dead.
3. Krishna is not the object of mind and intelligence.
4. Be touched by Krishna and become enlivened.
5. Sleeping tongue will wake up by tasting Krishna.
6. With Krishna everything becomes lively.
So far Maharaj explained the meaning of the prayer by Dhruva Maharaj (SB 4.9.6), wherein he prays to the Lord to enter into his sleeping tongue and enliven it. Let us continue further.
7. Life without Krishna is ghost's life: This should be our prayer always, "Please we are forgetting You. But You have to enter into our existence so that we can become lively." And we are very Vedic in our families and we always know that unless we chant the Lord's names, or unless we discuss about Him, it is very difficult to become lively. We are dead. So thats in our families, we always tell - "Please talk about Krishna. If we talk about anything else other than Krishna, then we are living dead." There is no value for the existence at all. The living entities who have definitely followed this in their life, have become completely glorious. And thats why the gopis are singing in 31st chapter of 10th Canto. Each Gopi sings one verse and I have translated the verse in Hindi also. Gopika gītam is very nice lyric. Please sing after me.
jayati te'dhikaṃ janmanā vrajaḥ
śrayata indirā śaśvadatra hi
dayita dṛśyatāṃ dikṣu tāvakā-
stvayi dhṛtāsavastvāṃ vicinvate
jaya means glories. jayati te 'dhikam means the glories increase. jayati te 'dhikam janmanā vrajaḥ - Because You have appeared in Vraja, that tract of land has become glorious. Otherwise what is there? Now suppose there is a temple and big hall with Deities, then even a child can sit there alone in front of the Deities in such a big hall. There are long halls in the temple. Because Deities are there and everything is very lively, even child can alone sit there in such a big hall. But suppose tomorrow we move the Deities, then we will be afraid to go to the hall during the day. It will be great fear. It will be black and completely dusty and what to talk of child, we will not be able to enter into it. And foolishly we don't believe the presence of the Deities. No. He is there. Otherwise you see the child is not afraid to go inside the temple room. The Deities are there and as soon as the Deities are removed the whole life goes away from the hall. The ghosts take over. This is how the life which is not full of Krishna also becomes a ghost-like life.
Ordinary people behave as if they are haunted by ghosts always, because they are attached to material things. No doubt we are also materially attached. But we are attached to something more than the material things. Our lives are not materially haunted. No doubt. Krishna gives. Krishna gives to the Vaishnavas more than others, but we are not attached to it. Thats why our lives are not haunted by ghosts. Ordinary people are haunted by ghosts and they don't know what to do and the ghosts push them into the pubs. (laughter) And as soon as they get into the pubs, they have to spend so much money and they break their heads and cut their limbs. Why to pay so much money for breaking their heads and cutting the limbs. In particularly on new year parties, (laughter) before 12 'o clock, because the year is ending they want to intoxicate themselves as much as possible. And then new year comes and they fight with each other. Early in the morning we used to go to the temple in London. We were staying bit far from the temple and on New-year day we could see that early in the morning, these people are bleeding like anything, and smoking and will appear like haunted by ghosts. If you come to Krishna, your life will be very sublime.
Krishna willing we shall continue to hear more nectar from Maharaj in the subsequent offerings.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev,
Kalacakra Krishna das.
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved.