Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev.
We are continuing with the transcription of the beautiful lecture that our beloved spiritual master HH Mahavishnu Goswami Maharaj gave in Boston, Australia on 23rd May 1997. In the previous offerings we saw:
1. Glorify the all-glorious to become glorious.
2. Without Krishna we are living dead.
3. Krishna is not the object of mind and intelligence.
4. Be touched by Krishna and become enlivened.
5. Sleeping tongue will wake up by tasting Krishna.
6. With Krishna everything becomes lively.
7. Life without Krishna is ghost's life.
Now let us continue to hear from Maharaj the further explanation of Gopika gītam verse 10.31.1
8. With Krishna there is no boredom: If we come to Krishna, life becomes very sublime and pure. There is no misery at all. No expenses involved. Nothing. Nothing. It is so very sublime. It is so very sublime to come to Krishna. This thing Srila Prabhupada wanted to inculcate in the Western society. The Western society was very happy with economic progress. But with economic progress, if we could add Krishna, then economy also becomes very lively. This is said by gopis also. Gopis sing this nicely in this verse (SB 10.31.1)
jayati te'dhikaṃ janmanā vrajaḥ
śrayata indirā śaśvadatra hi
dayita dṛśyatāṃ dikṣu tāvakā-
stvayi dhṛtāsavastvāṃ vicinvate
Instead of explaining the meaning, we will sing this in Hindi. It is very nice to sing this in Hindi and Gujarati. Please hear this verse in Hindi.
jaya baḍe vraj me āp janam se
nita base jahān nāth sāth sri
prakat ho priye khojthe sabi
āpke liye jivit hai hum sub
jaya baḍe vraj me āp janam se - "Because of Your birth, the glory of Vraj increases." āpke liye jivit hai hum sub - "We are living for You only. We don't have any other reason to be alive and that is why please come before us." It is very nicely said. There are 7 to 8 more verses, but few verses we will take.
viṣa jalāp yayād -This viṣa jal, the water was poisoned because of Kaliya's presence in Yamuna river. "The Yamuna river was completely poisoned and You had protected us at that time", the gopis say like that.
dṛṣabha te vayaṃ rakṣitā muhuḥ
Gopis faced so many dangers and He always protected them. So they are asking, "Please where have you gone now?"
vyāla rākṣasā - There was a vyāla rākṣasā (Aghasura) opening his mouth and all the gopas and the cows enter it and in the end, Krishna also entered and he just shut the mouth and then Krishna, in fact tore his body inside and then He had to take them out. And this is how he was killed.
viśa jal me nāg bhay se
varśā tukān se agni bijali se
vrśamayāt bhaj ke vis̀wa bhay se
vividha sankaton se rakśā ki hai āp
It is so very easy. So very easy. "You have protected us and now where have You gone? Please protect us now." These things increase our glory and the time will never be burden on us. Otherwise people will have to think, "what to do on annual holiday?" We don't have to think about it and Srila Prabhupada always says, "There is no annual holidays in Krishna consciousness." I mean to say in Mangala aratis etc. Otherwise people work during early mornings or late nights and they want 2 months annual holidays. But devotees, since they are always enlivened, they hanker after Mangala arati and if we miss Mangala arati, then we feel it. This should be our nature.
Krishna willing we shall continue to hear more nectar from Maharaj in the subsequent offerings.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev,
Kalacakra Krishna das.
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved.