Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev.
We are continuing with the transcription of the beautiful lecture that our beloved spiritual master HH Mahavishnu Goswami Maharaj gave in Boston, Australia on 23rd May 1997. In the previous offerings we saw 8 points.
1. Glorify the all-glorious to become glorious.
2. Without Krishna we are living dead.
3. Krishna is not the object of mind and intelligence.
4. Be touched by Krishna and become enlivened.
5. Sleeping tongue will wake up by tasting Krishna.
6. With Krishna everything becomes lively.
7. Life without Krishna is ghost's life.
8. With Krishna there is no boredom.
We will hear further nectar from Maharaj.
9. Don't be Rejected by the Lord: In Hindi there is a very nice bhajan. The poet says that name of Krishna is more powerful than Himself. You know in Ramayan it is a very nice example. Ramachandra bhagavan wanted to cross over from South India to Lanka in order to defeat Ravana, and He had to transport the monkey army also. He thought that, as it is He can't do anything. And He cannot take all the monkeys across because there was a 40 miles of ocean in between India and Lanka. He thought that we must have a bridge so that everyone can cross. So who can do it? He called Hanuman and told him, "We want a bridge tomorrow ready." Hanuman said "Alright Bhagavan." Hanuman knew that the Lord does not only order the living entities. But when He orders, He gives the strength also so that we can fulfill His desire. So he was sure. He started to bring big mountains and stones from all over India and try to deposit them near the coast of the ocean. On each stone he was writing 'Ram' and he was throwing them in the ocean. And the stones were floating. Lord Ramachandra was standing by the side. He was surprised that the stones were floating when they were thrown in the ocean.
Then Lord Ram wanted to try it Himself. He thought, "If these stones are floating just by writing My name on it, then when I throw also they must float." So He picked up a big stone and threw it in to the ocean. It sank in the ocean. He thought that something must be wrong. Again He picked up another stone and threw and again it went down. Hanuman was watching Ram. He asked, ''What are you doing Bhagavan?" Ram didn't want to tell anything because He was not successful. Hanuman said, "I know Bhagavan what you are doing. You must know these things better than me. I am bringing the stones and I am writing Your name on it. So Your association is there with the stone. Even the stone if it has the association of Krishna or Ram, it will definitely float. But when You throw the stone, You are rejecting the stone. So once You reject, how can they float?" So Prabhupada says that do anything and everything, but don't get rejected by the Lord. The only way to avoid getting rejected by the Lord is to always chant His names and remember Him.
10. We are Ruled by the Scriptures: In Vedic culture unknowingly our families are dictated by these scriptures. The scriptures are very nicely known in sanskrit as shastra. There is a word 'śaśān'. śaśān means to rule. The scripture which rules you, is known as shastra. We are unknowingly dictated by these scriptures. You will be surprised to know that Manu samhita is the original code of all the rules - kāydās. We have all the rules here. Suppose you are driving here, you are driving on the right. Always you have to keep right. If you break the rule then you may have accident or policeman sees you, he will fine you. We cannot break the rules. All these rules, they are coming from Manu samhita. And every country has its own rules. They have the code of the conduct, code of rules, their police department also depend upon the rules, everywhere there are rules. And these code of rules, is the gift of vedic culture to the world. Otherwise formerly the people did not know anything. They were staying in the forest and didn't have any idea of the rules. As soon as the Vedic culture spread all over the planet, these rules came in force. Otherwise there is no origin for these rules.
Originally Manu samhita is the code of conduct. This is how you can see the signs of Vedic culture everywhere. We went to Fiji and definitely Kaliya is there. There is a cave in Lamasa area, one Kaliya's temple is there. The deity is increasing there day by day. So many times, they have demolished the roof and increased the roof, we can see the signs. Again there is a cave wherein they say that he stays there. There are tunnels in between for him to go to the sea and come back, because in summer he goes to the sea and in winter he comes back. The tunnel also they say, is covered by gold. These things are very true. Vedic culture was there everywhere. When Parikshit Maharaj was there, he was the ruler of the whole planet and vedic culture was present everywhere. That's why the Vedic culture we cannot avoid. Fortunately Prabhupada came to these countries and he revived these things. Otherwise even we didn't know anything. We were very proud of our country (India) and our rules. The whole arrangement comes from Manu samhita. No way we can avoid the scriptures. We just have to do our prescribed duty at our destiny, be expert in your material activities and come back to spiritual activities as soon as possible.
Krishna willing, we will continue to hear more nectar from Maharaj in the subsequent offering.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev,
Kalacakra Krsna das.
Copyright © 2024. All rights reserved.