Dear Prabhujis and Matajis,
Hare Krishna. Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev.
In the purport to the verse 18.66 in Bhagavad Gita Srila Prabhupada, has referred to the process of surrender to Krishna described in the Hari-bhakti vilāsa 11.676 as:
ānukūlyasya saṅkalpaḥ prātikūlyasya varjanam
rakṣiṣyatīti viśvāso goptṛtve varaṇaṁ tathā
ātma-nikṣepa-kārpaṇye ṣaḍ-vidhā śaraṇāgatiḥ
1) According to the devotional process, one should simply accept such religious principles that will lead ultimately to the devotional service to the Lord.
2) One may perform a particular occupational duty according to his position in the social order, but if by executing his duty one does not come to the point of Krishna consciousness, all his activities are in vain.
3) Anything that does not lead to the perfectional stage of Krishna consciousness should be avoided.
4) One should be confident that in all circumstances Krishna will protect him from all difficulties.
5) There is no need of thinking how one should keep the body and soul together. Krishna will see to that.
6) One should always think himself helpless and should consider Krishna the only basis for his progress in life.
As soon as one seriously engages himself in devotional service to the Lord in full Krishna consciousness, at once he becomes freed from all contamination of material nature.
Srila Prabhupada, in the purport of BG 18.66 says :
The particular words used here, "mā suchaḥ", "Don't fear, don't hesitate, don't worry," are very significant. One may be perplexed as to how one can give up all kinds of religious forms and simply surrender unto Krishna, but such worry is useless.
Be dependent only on Krishna and not on anyone else in this material world. You can never satisfy anyone in this material world. But once you satisfy Krishna, everyone is satisfied.
To reiterate once again - "One should always think himself helpless and should consider Krishna the only basis for his progress in life." In this miserable world, we always FEAR, HESITATE AND WORRY and Krishna reassures "DON'T FEAR, DON'T HESITATE, DON'T WORRY." JUST SURRENDER UNTO HIM AND HE WILL TAKE CARE.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev,
Sri Ramchandra das
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved.