Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev!
This is in continuation of the transcription of the inspiring Bhagavad Gita class given by our God brother HG Devakinandan Prabhuji on verse 2.41. In the previous offering we have heard the below points.
1. Chant and be peaceful.
2. Bhakti has no boundaries.
3. Stick to one - ekeha kuru-nandana.
4. Be chaste in bhakti.
5. Don't waste time - Just do it.
6. The Three D's Determination - Devotion and Darshan.
We were hearing the pastime of Dhruva Maharaj wherein we saw how he accepted the instructions of his mother and his spiritual master Narada Muni and with determination performed devotional service and ultimately got the darshan of the Lord. Now we shall continue to hear further.
7. Need for Austerity: On having darshan of the Lord, Dhruva Maharaj became ashamed because his determination to come to Krishna was on a material platform. But because he was in sadhu sanga with his mother and Narada Muni, his heart became purified at the end of his austerities and that is why austerity is important. To become determined, we must also become austere. Austerity means that you wake up for mangala arati and we chant Krishna's names. Nobody here can say that we cannot have 15 minutes of appointment with Krishna in the morning. Are we so busy? Even Prime Minister and President of United States have 15 minutes to exercise. Are we really telling that we don't have 15 minutes to read Bhagavad Gita or Bhagavatam? How long does it take for us to chant Krishna's names? 8 rounds - may be in a hour. All we have to do is cut down one hour less of sleep and have one hour more for Krishna.
How many lives we were sleeping, oblivious to Krishna? In this life can we not just sacrifice one hour of sleep, just for Krishna? Is it so difficult? It is because we don't have the determination. We don't want to accept the instructions of the spiritual master seriously, because we lack faith. Once we lack faith, we are not serious. And once we are not serious, we don't follow the instructions. Once we don't follow the instructions, we are not determined and once we are not determined, devotional service drops. Once it drops, we become morose and once we become morose, we leave the shelter of Krishna. Do you see the sequence? This is the problem with us. Dhruva Maharaj did not have that. He was determined and Krishna appeared in front of him. Now that his senses were purified, he tells Krishna. Actually he could not tell anything, because he was such a young boy and in the presence of the Lord, what is there to be said. He wanted to say some prayers for Krishna's glorification.
Krishna willing we shall continue to hear more nectar from Prabhuji in the subsequent offerings.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva,
Sudarshana devi dasi.
Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved.