Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev!
This is in continuation of the transcription of the inspiring Bhagavad Gita class given by our God brother HG Devakinandan Prabhuji on verse 2.41. In the previous offering we have heard the below points.
1. Chant and be peaceful.
2. Bhakti has no boundaries.
3. Stick to one - ekeha kuru-nandana.
4. Be chaste in bhakti.
5. Don't waste time - Just do it.
6. The Three D's - Determination, Devotion and Darshan.
7. Need for Austerity.
We were hearing the pastime of Dhruva Maharaj. Now we shall continue to hear further.
8. Use it or lose it: Upon seeing Krishna, Dhruva wanted to compose prayers to glorify Him. But he became tongue tight. He could not say anything. So Krishna who had come in the four handed form of Vishnu touched his head with His conch shell and the moment he was touched by the touch of Krishna, because the conch shell is different from the Lord, immediately the senses of Dhruva Maharaj became alive, not to the material world, but they become alive to the spiritual world. That is what we must do. Our senses must be attracted to Krishna in the form of hearing, in the form of chanting and in the form of remembering. That will automatically take us out of the material concept of life. Otherwise you and I can walk everywhere, whole day and keep saying, "I am not this body, I am not this body, I am not this body", but all it takes is for someone to come to you and give a tight slap and then you say, "My God, I am this body". (loud laughter) Highly painful, isn't it? So artificial way of coming out of bodily concept of life is not the way Krishna consciousness, The way is to practise. That is the command. That is the way.
So Dhruva Maharaj concludes after chanting beautiful prayers to Krishna. He says Krishna, "Krishna, I am fool number one. I came asking You for the world, but You have given me something much more than that and that is bhakti. I came looking for broken pieces of glass whereas actually diamonds were waiting for me. This is my foolishness" And Dhruva Maharaj's foolishness is ours to reflect. What are we running after in this world? We think that the money in the bank is going to save us till the end? Nothing is certain Prabhus and Matajis. If you have something, Maharaj has said, "Use it or lose it". Isn't it true? So if you have time, if you have your faculties, come and sit here and hear about Krishna. That is much better. If you have so much money and don't know for some reason what to do about it, then use it for Krishna. That is it. If you don't use it for Krishna, you will use it for Maya. And if you use it for maya, you will never be peaceful. This is the way for Krishna consciousness.
Krishna willing we shall continue to hear more nectar from Prabhuji in the subsequent offerings.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva,
Sudarshana devi dasi.
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.