Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances! All Glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev!
This is in conclusion of the extract from the class by HG Devakinandan prabhu in Canada on Srimad Bhagavatam verse 1.18.7. In the previous offering we saw below points.
1. We should be realist like bee - take only the essence/nectar from every thing.
2. We should accept the degrading nature of Kali and thereby need not have unrealistic expectations.
3. Take advantage of the age of Kali.
4. Be Practical and Positive.
5. Accept the Essence or the Substance.
6. Be Krishna Conscious and Not Kali Conscious.
Now we shall continue to share the other points spoken by Prabhuji.
7. Blame Yourself: "A devotee doesn't see anything bad as somebody's fault. A devotee sees the hand of Krishna in the reverses. In Srimad Bhagavatam 10.14.8 Lord Brahma prays
tat te 'nukampaam su-samikshamaano
bhunjaana evaatma-krtam vipaakam
hrd-vaag-vapurbhir vidadhan namas te
jiveta yo mukti-pade sa daaya-bhaak
"My dear Lord, one who earnestly waits for You to bestow Your causeless mercy upon him, all the while patiently suffering the reactions of his past misdeeds and offering You respectful obeisances with his heart, words and body, is surely eligible for liberation, for it has become his rightful claim."
This verse is spoken by Brahmaji in great humility after the vimohana lila. It tells us the psychology of a devotee. When a devotee meets reverses in life, he does not blame anyone. Because he doesn't blame anyone, there is no kali. So there is no inauspiciousness. Instead the devotee blames himself. When you blame yourself, everything ends. There is no fight because you are not fighting with anyone. You say, "I am sorry" and finish.
There are three reasons why we should say sorry.
1. First, we say sorry when we are wrong. That is common sense and the right thing to do.
2. When we don't know whether we are right or wrong, we should still say sorry. That way we are being humble. It could be that we are wrong so better we say sorry.
3. Sometimes we are totally right. At that time we must say sorry because relationships between devotees matter more than ego.
Maharaj instructed all this and he practiced so he was free from all the ills and free to put his head into Bhagavatam and so free to chant. Free doesn't mean only time. Free also means your heart is free of the ill effects. Two things must be free. We must create time and we must be free of ill effects. Either one of these catches us. If we are free of both, we are really free.
As struggling devotees, we have to accept difficulties as consequences of misdeeds. Instead of wasting time, we should increase the fabric and quality of devotional service and remain fixed up. Parikshit Maharaj remained fixed up. So Kali cannot touch him. Thus the word realist has a fuller and richer meaning in Bhagavatam. Remember the bee. We take the essence. Maharaj always said that if we fan the good in people, then bad also becomes good. But if we look into bad, there is no scope for good. So do we want to be bees or flies?"
Our heartfelt thanks to HG Devakinandan prabhuji for this amazing class on being a Realist and we pray and try to accept the essence everywhere and thus be free in heart and mind and also find free time to be engaged in devotional service.
Thank you very much
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev
Vaijayanti mala devi dasi
Copyright © 2019. All rights reserved.