Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Gurudeva.
This is in continuation of the transcription of the nectarean class given by our beloved spiritual master H H Mahavishnu Goswami Maharaj on Bhagavad Gita verses 2.63 and 64 in Los Angeles on 11 May 97. In the previous offering we heard from Maharaj that
1. Bhakti is rare and special gift of Krishna.
2. When you become gopijana, all your problems are His.
3. Decrease your necessities.
Now let us continue to hear more nectar from Maharaj.
3. Decrease your necessities (contd): There is so many necessities, which we have just created. We also stayed in the house. We were also young, married and we were renting the house many times. You rent the room and you just go and stay there. That's it. Now you rent a house and before you go, there must be refrigerator there, there must be gas, there must be microwave. And television sets, VCR and sofa-sets. Before you enter the house, you are half-dead. (laughter) And after getting into the house, you have to pay the installments, for all the things which you have accumulated! There was no need. We just need four walls and a roof. That's it. Why? Why should we increase all these things? Is it not lunacy? Is it intelligence to increase the necessities?
This microwave! God, we did not imagine at all that without the fire, the food can be eaten. (laughter) We were knowing that fire will definitely heat up the food. And again for these microwave we should manufacture special glasses which will not become hot, but the food alone will become hot. So much paraphernalia. Lunacy! (laughter) We are just destroying our human existence. Instead of that, just wind up. And if you have anything like that, you just throw it out of the window and you will be more healthy. Without refrigerator, your throats will work alright. With refrigerator, your throat is gone and you will have to go the doctor. You can't walk and you will have to have a car to go to the doctor and he gives you antibiotics. And the name of the antibiotic is erythromycin, streptomycin. And you eat all these 'mycins' - 'my sins'. (laughter) You take this 'sin' and that 'sin' and when these 'my sins' don't work, then there is a greater 'mycin' which is teramycin – 'tera' and 'my', both your and my sin. That is the supreme antibiotic. So only your sins are not enough. I will eat both your and my sins. And still the throat does not become alright and we catch hold of the throat. (loud laughter)
4. Natural medicines give good health: Simplest medicine is there in Ayurvedic shastra. Very simple. Doesn't cost at all. It just grows in your house. Have a ginger and that ginger will clear your throat and clear your seven generation throats also. (loud laughter) Such an effective medicine you have. But you say, "Ginger I don't like." And you like that 'my sin'. Please this lunacy has got to be stopped. We are creating the diseases and wandering about to find the cures of the diseases which are never cured at all. This is cheating ourselves. It is a suicide. It is a suicide. When are you going to stop this? When are we going to stop? It is difficult to understand this generation. If this is the degeneration in 50-years, how much more we are going to go through before we come to our senses?
Krishna willing we shall continue to hear more nectar from Maharaj in the subsequent offerings.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva,
Kalacakra Krsna das.
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.