Hare Krishna dear devotees,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev.
There is a wonderful verse in Isopanishad mantra 8 that describes eleven qualities of Krishna nicely thus:
sa paryagāc chukram akāyam avraṇam
asnāviraḿ śuddham apāpa-viddham
kavir manīṣī paribhūḥ svayambhūr
yāthātathyato ’rthān vyadadhāc chāśvatībhyaḥ samābhyaḥ
Such a person must factually know the greatest of all, the Personality of Godhead, who is unembodied, omniscient, beyond reproach, without veins, pure and uncontaminated, the self-sufficient philosopher who has been fulfilling everyone's desire since time immemorial.
The eleven qualities of the Supreme Lord Krishna mentioned in this verse are:
1. śukram - Omnipotent
2. akāyam - Unembodied
3. avraṇam - Without reproach (one who cannot be found fault with)
4. asnāviraḿ - Without veins (in other words, not possessing a material body like us)
5. śuddham - Pure
6. apāpa-viddham - Prophylactic (uncontaminated by sins)
7. kaviḥ - Omniscient
8. manīṣī - Philosopher
9. paribhūḥ - The greatest of all
10. svayambhūḥ - Self-sufficient
11. yāthātathyato ’rthān vyadadhāc chāśvatībhyaḥ samābhyaḥ - Who has been fulfilling everyone's desire since time immemorial.
These simple but wonderful verses assist us in remembering the amazing qualities of our dear Lord. If we get used to remembering them every day, the Lord will be pleased with our sincere efforts and that will be the supreme perfection of our lives.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev,
Kalacakra Krsna das.
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.