Dear Prabhujis and Mathajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
Here in Minneapolis, we were blessed for the last 10 days with the most fortunate association of H H Mahavishnu Goswami Maharaj. Maharaj was in his usual mood of deep devotion and intense compassion for all the living entities. Everytime he gave a lecture or had some casual discussion, there was always something very deep to learn from. I can't imagine the amount of sukrti I would have done in my past lives to have such a loving personality's association!
When Maharaj was here, his every single action, his every word, was a thing to treasure in my heart. The more I think of them later, the more they are pleasing. I will try to put those 'pearls' one by one in the forth-coming mails, Krsna willing.
During this visit, Maharaj did one very important thing. He asked me to bring all the mails of Granthraj so far, and went thru them scrutinizingly. While he appreciated every single mail, he was also giving tips on how to write and what he is expecting from us thru Granthraj. I am giving below whatever little I gathered from Maharaj thru my insignificant intelligence, so that we can all follow those suggestions and make our Granthraj better and better.
Maharaj was insisting on the following...
1. It is important to quote the verse we refer.
2. The verse should be presented with proper diacritical marks. (In yahoo, I don't think those special fonts are allowed. So we can write 'evam grheshu saktaanaam' instead of 'evam grhesu saktanam').
3. There should be a short one or two line intro to the verse, as to, who is speaking to whom, in what circumstance, the title of the chapter etc.
4. It is important to quote only the main punch lines from Srila Prabhupada's purport and not the whole purport.
5. The members should also write what they realized personally from the verse, and what are the practical instructions they understood from that verse or purport that we can put into practice.
6. The mails should be short and brief.
7. Please try to stick to one point/verse in a mail.
I can't explain how much Maharaj is loving this Granthraj forum. He said one day to one of the devotees thru phone - "Granthraj is the mouth-piece of Srila Prabhupada!!". He was very much appreciating H G SuderGopal prabhu's point in one of his earlier mails - "Maharaj always had a dream for 24 hour recitation, and granthraj is making it TRUE. Maharaj was planning to make a big Bhagavat Bhavan,werein 24 hour recitation will go on. I don't know whether i am right or wrong, but Granthraj IS THE ONE". These are highly potent statements that prove the value of this forum. Hope we all sincerely try to follow the invaluable instructions of Maharaj (which are ultimately meant for our betterment only), and improve the standards of our devotion and Granthraj forum.
Thank you very much
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.