Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev!
This is in continuation of the transcription of the inspiring Bhagavad Gita class given by our God brother HG Devakinandan Prabhuji on verse 2.41. In the previous offering we have heard the below points.
1. Chant and be peaceful.
2. Bhakti has no boundaries.
3. Stick to one - ekeha kurunandana.
4. Be chaste in bhakti.
5. Don't waste time - Just do it.
6. The Three D's - Determination, Devotion and Darshan.
7. Need for Austerity.
8. Use it or Lose it.
We were hearing the pastime of Dhruva Maharaj and let us continue to see how he responded to Lord after being touched by His transcendenal conch shell.
9. Krishna's Reciprocation: Dhruva Maharaj becomes very regretful and because he becomes regretful, he has become a devotee. A devotee always regrets that he is not upto the mark. A devotee never says that, "I am up to the mark". Then he is not a devotee. Devotee is always knowing that, 'I am not upto the mark'. Krishna is so kind that Krishna says, "Dhruva Maharaj, Don't worry. Whatever you wanted in the first place, I will give it to you, even if it is material. You will have the position of the pole-star, Dhruva loka. Even when the material manifestation crashes, and gets absorbed into Me, at the time of annihilation, Dhruva loka will remain." Dhruva loka never goes into even partial annihilation. Dhruva loka shastras tell us that it remains. Today we look into the sky, the most powerful and brightest is Dhruva loka.
Krishna says that, "Not only I will give you this Dhruva loka, but I will personally expand and make sure that I am there to always give you the protection." And that is why shastras say that Dhruva loka is akin to Sveta-dvip, the causal ocean. It is that part of the universe which is the closest to the spiritual world and the Lord is sitting there, taking care of His devotee even till now, now. Why? What is there about Dhruva, that is so special for Krishna? He had three things. One was his resolute determination, two - to do what? to do devotional service and three - he followed the instructions of first - his mother and second, Narada Muni. This is how we have to live in devotional service.
Krishna willing we shall continue to hear more nectar from Prabhuji in the subsequent offerings.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva,
Sudarshana devi dasi
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.