Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva.
Everything happens in this world under the supervision of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Material nature supplies the body, but it does so under the direction of the Supersoul. It is said in Bhagavad-gita that a living entity is wandering in this material world on a chariot made by material nature. The Supreme Lord, as the Supersoul, is always present with the individual soul. He directs material nature to supply a particular type of body to the individual soul according to the result of his work, and the material nature supplies it.
There is a beautiful verse in Srimad Bhagvatam (3.31.1)
sri bhagavan uvaca
karmanaa daiva-netrena / jantur dehopapattaye
striyaah pravishta udaram / pumso retah-kanaashrayah
The Personality of Godhead said: "Under the supervision of the Supreme Lord and according to the result of his work, the living entity, the soul, is made to enter into the womb of a woman through the particle of male semen to assume a particular type of body."
We get the body according to our karma and the consciousness we have at the time of death. We say it is our daiva, the destiny accordingly we act. However, we have to make our destiny with the following - DAIVA.
1. D-Devotion: We should have exclusive devotion to Krishna. Unless we have exclusive devotion to Krishna, we cannot succeed in our endeavors.
2. A-Austerity: The austerity should be sincerity of thought and manners. Unless we improve our thought process and our manners, we cannot improve in Krishna Consciousness. The austerity of body consists in worship of Supreme Lord, the brahmanas, the spiritual master, and superiors like father and mother, senior devotees and elderly persons. This will assist us in overcoming anarthas i.e., 'anartha nivritti'. This will come with:
a) developing good habits
b) overcoming false ego
c) overcoming fault finding tendency (which is very harmful)
d) overcoming lust.
3. I-Immunity: It is the curative force inside us. We must have immunity to change, removing barriers. In other words, we might be unable to bring about the changes we want because we are misdiagnosing our aspirations, when in reality it is an ‘adaptive challenge’. We must accept current challenges and accordingly mould ourselves to move on the right path.
4. V-Velocity: We must have velocity in Krishna Consciousness i.e. the pace, quickness, rapidness in any service. We should not wait for the instructions from others to do seva, may be temple cleaning, altar decoration, prasadam preparation and distribution, book distribution or any kind of seva. Our quickness in taking up a seva is directly related to the amount of faith we have in the Lord and the eagerness to serve him.
5. A-Association: To reach the above four, we must have sat-sanga. We must associate with devotees, otherwise we cannot improve. To improve the connection and relationship with other devotees, we must have quality association with them, devoid of unwanted prajalpa. That will improve our taste in Krishna Consciousness. It is very important to greet other devotees chanting Hare Krishna with a genuine smile. The topics of discussions should be centered around glorifying Krishna, Srila Prabhupada/Spiritual master, other Vaishnavas and if possible genuine thoughts/ideas to help each other serve Guru and Krishna.
I pray to the lotus feet of Guru Maharaj to improve myself in service to Krishna with the assistance of Daiva as mentioned above.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva,
Copyright © 2019. All rights reserved.