Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my dandavat pranams. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Gurudeva.
This is in continuation of the previous offering titled "Offering Obeisances with Body". We have been meditating on the below points.
1. Seeking forgivance by offering obeisances.
2. Offering obeisances is beginning of devotional service.
3. Consequence of not offering obeisances.
4. Counter bewildering situations by offering obeisances.
In this offering we shall continue to meditate on the above point.
4. Counter bewildering situations by offering obeisances: As aspiring devotees, both in material and spiritual lives, we come across bewildering situation and suffering. We use our intelligence as for as possible to analyze the cause of that suffering. This analysis may give some intellectual satisfaction. But ultimately, this analysis will not solve our anxiety. In that case we can try to take the example of Yashoda and offer obeisances to the Lord.
Srila Prabhupada further writes in his purport to Srimad Bhagavatam verse 10.8.41, "When we are beset by some problem for which we can find no reason, there is no alternative than to surrender to the Supreme Lord and offer Him our respectful obeisances. Then our position will be secure. This was the means adopted in this instance also by Mother Yashoda. Whatever happens, the original cause is the Supreme Personality of Godhead (sarva-kaarana-kaaranam). When the immediate cause cannot be ascertained, let us simply offer our obeisances at the lotus feet of the Lord. Mother Yashoda concluded that the wonderful things she saw within the mouth of her child were due to Him, although she could not clearly ascertain the cause."
Once when I discussed with our beloved spiritual master H H Mahavishnu Goswami Maharaj about the problems faced by one of our God brothers and some situations in my life I asked, "Maharaj, why such things happen? How our destiny affects/controls our life?" Maharaj answered, "For whatever happens, if you do not come to the conclusion that Krishna is the cause of all causes, you will always be in anxiety." So as advised by Srila Prabhupada if we try to offer obeisances to the Lord, the suffering may not immediately go away, but we will be blessed with the strength to face that fearlessly. The famous shloka from Mahabharata (12.47.28) confirms this.
atasee pushpa sa'nkaasam / peeta-vaasasam acyutam
ye namasyanti govindam / na teshaam vidyate bhayam
"There is no fear for those who bow down before Govinda, whose color resembles that of the atasee flower, who is clad in yellow peetambaram, and who never lets His devotees fall."
Krishna willing, we will see more on the glories of offering obeisances in the subsequent offering.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Gurudeva,
Narahari Krishna dasa,
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.