Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances! All Glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev!
This is in continuation of the previous offering titled, "Road to Hell" wherein we were seeing some of the points shared by our Godbrother HG Govardhan Prabhuji on Srimad Bhagavatam verse 2.7.25 in Sri Sri Radha Neelmadhav dham, Rajkot. In previous offering we saw how pride and excessive sense gratification pave the way to hell. Now let us continue to hear other points.
4. Ravana's disease was that he wanted to become Parameshwar. When we want to be controllers, then we forget that Krishna is the Supreme and foolishly think that "I am the Supreme". "I" dominates. In Bhagavad Gita verse 3.27 Krishna very nicely says,
prakṛteḥ kriyamāṇāni guṇaiḥ karmāṇi sarvaśaḥ
ahaṅkāra-vimūḍhātmā kartāham iti manyate
The spirit soul bewildered by the influence of false ego thinks himself the doer of activities that are in actuality carried out by the three modes of material nature.
So we must give up with this doer mentality or "I" mentality. When "I" falls down, it becomes "H" and "H" stands for humility. Without humility we cannot advance an inch in Krishna consciousness. Else material energy will easily destroy us.
5. Our behaviour should be good. Not one bad word should come out of our mouth. Our tongue is like a slaughter house. If we are even having bad thoughts in our mind, then it surely comes out and it bounces back on us. As our spiritual master HH Mahavishnu Goswami Maharaj says, "No counteraction is the best counteraction".
6. Only if we have good ācār, we can do pracār If we practise good behaviour, then we can preach to others and that preaching will be effective.
7. Every word of spiritual master has to be seriously followed. We should not be casual or careless in our dealings with Guru. Even if we had been like that in the past, we should at least change now.
8. Austerity is a must and we must be regulated in our life (eating, sleeping, mating and in work). Once when we asked Maharaj, how to be regulated in work, Maharaj said, "Concentration in work IS Krishna. Before working remember Krishna. As you work remember Krishna and after you finish your work, again remember Krishna." When we asked how is it possible to remember Krishna during the work, Maharaj said, "When you are working very sincerely with compassion for all people around, then that is devotional service". This way we get free from miseries.
Krishna willing we shall continue to hear other points from Prabhuji in the next offering.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva,
Sudarshana devi dasi.
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.