Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances! All Glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev!
This is in conclusion of the previous offering titled, "Road to Hell" wherein we were seeing some of the points shared by our Godbrother HG Govardhan Prabhuji on Srimad Bhagavatam verse 2.7.25 in Sri Sri Radha Neelmadhav dham, Rajkot. In previous offering we saw
1. Pride and excessive sense gratification pave the way to hell.
2. We must give up the doer mentality and be humble.
3. Even when we are doing our prescribed duties, we should do sincerely with compassion for all people around.
Now let us continue to hear other points.
9. When our life is aligned according to the will of Guru and Krishna, then we are protected from all miseries. Miseries will always be there in this world, but they will not affect us. In miserable situations, we must reflect how much we have disobeyed Guru and Krishna. To the extent we are not surrendered to Krishna, to that extent miseries will affect us.
10. We should never deviate from devotional standards or dilute the process. Children learn a lot from how we behave. So if we ourselves lower the standard, then they will take that as the standard and that will affect their progress as well. Even if children are not around, for our own well-being, we must not deviate from devotional standards. Whatever standards are to be followed, we must make a genuine sincere endeavour to abide by it. For example if we are chanting 16 rounds every day, on some day if we are not able to make it, then we skip for 1 day and then at the second instance we will not even feel guilty for not having chanted the stipulated rounds. The more we deviate from standards, the more difficult it will become later for us to come back to track.
11. We must always take shelter of spiritual master and his instructions and follow them as sincerely as possible. Then we will get full protection. If not we will be like Ravana, maddened by pride and excessive sense gratification, we will be doomed to hell. We must approach Guru and Krishna with the same mood of surrender as how Arjuna approaches Krishna in Bhagavad Gita verse 2.7,
pṛcchāmi tvāṁ dharma-sammūḍha-cetāḥ
yac chreyaḥ syān niścitaṁ brūhi tan me
śiṣyas te ’haṁ śādhi māṁ tvāṁ prapannam
Now I am confused about my duty and have lost all composure because of miserly weakness. In this condition I am asking You to tell me for certain what is best for me. Now I am Your disciple, and a soul surrendered unto You. Please instruct me.
So when we follow the instructions of Guru and Krishna, then even if greatest difficulty comes, we will be able to face it and remain blissful.
Our heartfelt thanks to HG Govardhan Prabhuji for these sublime instructions.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva,
Sudarshana devi dasi.
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.