Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva.
This is in continuation of the transcription of the nectarean class given by our beloved spiritual master HH Mahavishnu Goswami Maharaj on Bhagavad Gita verse 7.4 in Singapore on 29th December 2001. In previous offering we heard from Maharaj about
1. The five great elements - bhumi, āpa, anala, vāyu and khaṁ. (earth, water, fire, wind and ether).
2. We are kinkarās and not ahankāra.
3. Krishna is non-different from Bhagavad Gita.
4. Come to the pages of Bhagavad Gita.
Now we shall continue to hear more nectar from Maharaj.
4. Come to the pages of Bhagavad Gita: All these manifestations are given in the first seed verse of Bhagavad Gita. Four seed verses are there and in the first verse Krishna Himself says, 'ahaṁ sarvasya prabhavo mattaḥ sarvaṁ pravartate' - 'I am the source of all spiritual and material planets." But we think, "He may be the source of everything else. But He is not the source of mine. I am completely independent." (laughter) This is again maya. And because He hides Himself with this curtain, Kunti devi very nicely prays - 'You are hidden' - 'māyā-javanika acchannam' - 'You are completely covered by this curtain of maya' - na lakṣyase mūḍha-dṛśā - mūḍha is very nice word. We are all foolish number one. We are all super-excellent fools, because we don't see Him. He is the remote cause of everything. Immediate cause may be something else. We fail to recognise His presence. And for this again we have to go to the shastras. Every now and then, because our thinking is completely wrong and against the shastras, we are punished by the illusory energy. And then after punishment, we don't find any other way. Then finally we think, "There must be some program on Saturday, Let me come." This is how we sit here. It is not voluntary surrender. You don't come here voluntarily. It is the dragging. Maya has dragged you. In circus, have you seen? The animals move about and there is only one out-let. So we are also like those animals moving about in the circus and there is only one outlet and that is to go to Bhagavad Gita. That's it. It is not your choice. But you are forced to do it. And those who come to this stage, voluntarily or by force, they are completely liberated as soon as they come to this idea from the shastras that the breath cannot be trusted. We should remember only one, one instruction of the shastras that the breath cannot be trusted.
Unless you come to the eternity, you will not be satisfied at all. And this is what Vyasa Bhagavan says by His own example. He has written so many puranas, so many Upanishads, Mahabharat, Ramayana, everything. And even then he was not satisfied and then Narada Muni sat before him and said, "You have discussed about everything. But you have forgotten to glorify the Supreme Absolute Truth and His instructions. So please do it now and that purana will be amala purāna - There will not be any defects - spotless." And the result was Srimad Bhagavatam in our hands. purāṇam amalaṁ yad vaiṣṇavānāṁ priyam. It is very dear to us. We are not mad crowd. The crowd which is not coming to Bhagavatam is definitely mad. Those who are still hovering on the mental platform, they are called mentals. Their sanctuary is mental hospitals. If you go there, shout and scream, then you will get beaten and they will tie you. They don't leave you alone. That is the punishment for not coming to Krishna, ending up in mental hospital. Please stop this and come to the pages of Bhagavad Gita and Bhagavatam.
Krishna willing we shall continue to hear more nectar from Maharaj in the subsequent offering.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva,
Kalacakra Krsna das.
Copyright © 2024. All rights reserved.