Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva.
This is in continuation of the transcription of the nectarean class given by our beloved spiritual master HH Mahavishnu Goswami Maharaj on Bhagavad Gita verse 7.4 in Singapore on 29th December 2001. In previous offering we heard from Maharaj about
1. The five great elements - bhumi, āpa, anala, vāyu and khaṁ. (earth, water, fire, wind and ether).
2. We are kinkarās and not ahankāra.
3. Krishna is non-different from Bhagavad Gita.
4. Come to the pages of Bhagavad Gita.
Now we shall continue to hear more nectar from Maharaj.
5. Learn at least one verse: Learn at least one verse from Bhagavad Gita or Bhagavatam and it is equal to studying the whole Gita or Bhagavatam. (Pointing to a small child Maharaj said) Once I was giving lecture in Auckland and that tiny fellow was there. He was just 4 or 5 years old then. And I told them in the class, "You please learn one verse as each verse is equal to whole Bhagavatam." So after the program he came to me and said, "Maharaj, you said that one verse is whole Bhagavatam. So why should I learn more verses? I will study only one verse." (loud laughter) See how clever was he. We want to escape. (laughter) And at the age of 4 years he could understand. We are also like him. 4 or 40 doest not make any difference. Zero has no value any way. (loud laughter) We are as good as that small child. We also find the simplest way. But doesn't matter. Anyway you come to at least this one verse. Only remember this that niḥśvāse nāhi viśvāsaḥ. Thats it. As soon as you remember this shastra, then it will drag you to the right point.
If you don't remember this shastra, then you are without ruling. And without ruling all chaos is there. Don't convert this society, such a nice Vedic society into a chaotic society. We have to take it very seriously and we are all elders. Our pious duty is to guide our younger ones. And you will not be able to guide unless you follow seriously. So please without any concoctions and without any delay, please start following these things immediately. And it is very easy. Even if you don't have your japa mala, you have your fingers with you always. You don't forget to carry you fingers. Do you? (laughter) So whenever you are in difficulty, start chanting immediately.
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
And if you chant sincerely, then these things are easy to remember.
bhūmir āpo ’nalo vāyuḥ khaṁ mano buddhir eva ca
ahaṅkāra itīyaṁ me bhinnā prakṛtir aṣṭadhā
bhumi, āpa, anala, vāyu and khaṁ - These 5 are gross material things. bhūmi - I can see. It is gross. bhūmi is prthvi - earth. Anala is fire - I can see. Aapaḥ is water - I can see. Vāyu is wind - I can feel. khaṁ is ether. That also I can feel. These are all gross elements.
Krishna willing we shall continue to hear more nectar from Maharaj in the subsequent offering.
Thank you very much.
Yours in service of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudeva,
Kalacakra Krsna das.
Copyright © 2024. All rights reserved.